Chitika

Saturday, December 17, 2016

New Toy!

My brother gave me a gift for Christmas.  He bought me exactly what I wanted... a tactical kama!!!

(Me and my new toy!)

What is a tactical kama, you ask?  It's an amazing weapon/tool.  Traditional kamas were used by Japanese and Filipino farmers for harvesting crops.  In Okinawa, the kama was adapted to use as a weapon after the Japanese banned traditional weapons on that island.

(Traditional kama)

A tactical kama has a textured grip, a very sharp point, and a notch at the base of the blade where the handle attaches.  This is useful for blocking and trapping weapons.

 
(Tactical kama)

The textured handle makes it difficult to do some of the hand switches in Kobudo (Okinawan weapon martial arts), but the notch is useful for blocking and trapping and the shape of the blade is especially devastating.

(A situation where the notch would come in handy)

I need two of them to really be able to do a lot of the Kobudo techniques- so, I'll have to save up to get another one.  Then nothing can stop me! 

I'm very happy with my Christmas present!

(Maybe TOO happy... Muahahahahaha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment